Etcetera

Monday, August 13, 2007

Bastard child conceived in an orgy

I am a software engineer and have decent experience in software development now. I have been part of different projects and all of them had a common thread running through them. The common thing was 'End of Project'.

This is the time when everyone wants to get out of the project. Everyone is bugged... tired of seeing the same people day after day... tired of doing the same kind of work day after day...

This is the time when people start to shrug off their responsibilities and try to confine themselves to their respective 'Domain'. Every one wants to get out of the project and get into something new where they will experience the same 'End oF Project' syndrome again.

This reminds me of lines I had read in Steve Jobs biography. It said about the calamitous Apple III, "The Apple III was kind of like a baby conceived during an orgy, and [later] everybody had this bad headache and there's this bastard child, and everyone says, 'It's not mine.'"

I can say with a total certainity... thats the story of every software projects!

3 Comments:

  • u r right. But u can stop them from doing that. U have to think strategically first about it rather than taking load on yourself.

    By Blogger ritesh banker, At August 13, 2007 at 2:28 AM  

  • Mr Amtya I can understand what u must be going through in phases like this...but unfortunately since I have never been a part of a development project myself, I havent experienced that agony.
    But I would like to be a part of an orgy though ,if possible ever :-))
    -Swapnil Bhandarkar

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At August 15, 2007 at 10:09 PM  

  • If you remember we had a great discussion regarding this when after lunch u me and tushar were there roaming below neem tree .

    By Blogger ritesh banker, At March 31, 2009 at 9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home